TMA offers continuing education credit to our members and attendees wherever possible. In order to provide certificates and report attendance in a timely manner, we have instituted the following policies to earn continuing legal education (CLE), continuing professional education (CPE), and continuing education units (CEU) at TMA Global events such as the Distressed Investing Conference, NextGen Leadership Conference, Network of Women (NOW) Summit, and The TMA Annual. TMA chapters establish their own policies and procedures for issuing continuing education credit at chapter and regional events. Please contact your TMA chapter for continuing education credit information from other events.
HOW TO EARN CREDIT
To earn continuing education credit (CLE, CPE, or CEU) at a TMA Global event, attendees must verify attendance in education session(s). Attorneys must provide their bar number(s) to TMA to facilitate CLE accreditation and attendance reporting.
Attendees can earn continuing education credit by attending sessions. Attendance verification differs by the type of event (in-person or virtual) and will be communicated in the event information.
TMA will issue continuing education credit certificates of attendance (CLE, CPE, CEUs, or any combination thereof) following the conference to individuals with verified attendance in education sessions. Attendees must have attended at least 50 minutes of a breakout session or 60 minutes of a general session in order to earn credit.
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)
- CLE accreditation will be sought in Delaware, Illinois, and Pennsylvania. TMA applies for CLE accreditation based on members' and attendees' needs; additional state accreditations may be sought for individual events.
- Many states accept Delaware and Pennsylvania CLE credit via reciprocity. Please refer to your state bar association's guidelines for complete information.
- Attorneys in certain states can apply for accreditation (e.g., Colorado, Georgia, Indiana, Minnesota). TMA will provide the paperwork to support attorney requests.
- CLE credit is calculated on a 60-minute hour.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE)
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
- TMA is approved to confer CPE credit in the Group Live and Group Internet Based formats.
- CPE credit is calculated on a 50-minute hour. No prerequisites are required to earn CPE credit and all education sessions are categorized as Basic.
Continuing Education Units (CEU)
- Tracking CEUs is the individual responsibility of each CTA or CTP. To receive a certificate of attendance, attendees must have validated attendance at events that confer CEU credit. CTAs and CTPs may use the Sponsoring Organization Certificate of Attendance form to document credits earned.
Other Professional Credentials with Continuing Education Requirements
- TMA will provide certificates of attendance to those who hold another designation or certification upon request. Please contact the TMA Certification Department for more information.