The New Year is well underway and research shows that 80% of New Year's resolutions* are thrown out the window by the end of February, according to Marti Hope Gonzales, an associate professor of psychology at the University of Minnesota.
It's not too late if getting involved in the New Jersey Turnaround Management Association (NJTMA) and being more active in the bankruptcy and turnaround community was one of your resolutions. TMA is ready for your involvement. We will provide educational and networking events and membership opportunities with many spaces for new faces in 2017. In other words, NJTMA welcomes your involvement, support, membership and participation. So, let's make it a great year of being true to our resolutions by attending, joining and getting involved in NJTMA.
Please join me in welcoming our recently elected new and returning board members for the 2017-2018 term:
- Kenneth L. Baum, Esq., Partner, Law Offices of Kenneth L. Baum LLC
- Sydney J. Darling, Esq., Counsel, Walsh Pizzi O'Reilly Falanga LLP
- Christopher M. Hemrick, Esq., Partner, Walsh Pizzi O'Reilly Falanga LLP
- Keara Waldron, Associate, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
- Sharon J. Bender, Senior Vice President, Provident Bank
- William V. Giovanniello, CTP, Managing Director, BDO USA LLP
- Oren Klein, Managing Partner, AuctionAdvisors
- Paul D. Schuldiner, Senior Vice President - Division Head of Rosenthal Trade Capital at Rosenthal & Rosenthal, Inc.
- Paul H. Shur, Esq., Shareholder, Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer PA
- Allen Wilen, CTP, Partner and National Director of the Bankruptcy and Restructuring Group and Forensic, Litigation and Valuation Services Group, EisnerAmper LLP
NJTMA will work hard to continue being the premier organization for the turnaround and bankruptcy community in New Jersey and we look forward to seeing you soon. Please reach out to one of our committee chairs, board members or me personally to see how you can get involved or join as a member. On behalf of the NJTMA board, Belated Happy New Year Wishes!
*A New Year's resolution is a tradition, most common in the Western Hemisphere but also found in the Eastern Hemisphere, in which a person resolves to change an undesired trait or behavior.
Thank you to our 2017 annual sponsors! Your support is essential for us to continue to provide quality education, programming and networking opportunities all year long. Members, please take a quick scroll down the list below and if you meet professionals from their organizations at an upcoming event, thank them for all they do for our Chapter.
As always, if you have any questions on sponsorship opportunities for NJTMA, contact me!
Connell Foley LLP
SM Financial Services Corporation
SM Law, PC
Sterling National Bank
Walsh Pizzi O'Reilly Falanga LLP
Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer P.A.
A.J. Willner Auctions
Archer & Greiner, P.C.
Crum & Forster Group of Insurance Companies
Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Mandelbaum Salsburg P.C.
Meyner & Landis, LLP
Norris McLaughlin & Marcus P.A.
People's United Bank
Phoenix Management Services
Porzio, Bromberg & Newman P.C.
Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland Perretti LLP
RLR Management Services, Inc.
Saul Ewing LLP
Trenk, DiPasquale, Della Fera & Sodono, P.C.
50 Words LLC
Cambridge Financial Services, LLC
Carl Marks Advisors
CBIZ MHM, LLC
Law Office of Kenneth L. Baum LLC
Law Offices of Mitchell J. Malzberg, LLC
Law Offices of Steve Kalebic
Management Services Consultants, LLC
mRm & Associates LLC
Rivers Insurance/RI Risk Management
RSG Biz Consulting
The Law Offices of Marc D. Miceli, LLC
University Management Associates & Consultants Corp.
Harvey Topitz, President
TMA membership helps you develop your practice and advance your career at the local, national and international levels. Through TMA, members acquire access to new opportunities that lead to new business and gain the knowledge and expertise they need to succeed. 85% of our members report having done business with another member as a result of their involvement in the association.
Membership offers many advantages. To see a full list of member benefits, click here.
Welcome new members!
Please join me in a warm welcome to the following new members. You can connect with them through the TMA Member Directory or introduce yourself at an upcoming event.
- Christine Armellino, Rutgers School of Law Newark
- Joseph A. Caneco, Esq., Associate, Fox Rothschild, LLP
- Raizza M Cui
- David P. DeMuth, Senior Managing Director, CFO Consulting Partners LLC
- John Dobos, Sales Associate, Tranzon Real Estate Auctions
- Irena M. Goldstein, Esq., Partner, Trenk DiPasquale Della Fera & Sodono, P.C.
- Peter R. Herman, Esq., Shareholder, Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer PA
- Brian W. Hofmeister, Esq., Partner, Law Firm of Brian W. Hofmeister LLC
- Joao Magalhaes, Esq., Associate, Trenk DiPasquale Della Fera & Sodono, P.C.
- Paul S. Mangano, Managing Director, Surculus Advisors LLC
- Angela Nascondiglio, Esq., Associate, Middlebrooks Shapiro PC
- Claire Nielsen, Rutgers School of Law Newark
- Sari B. Placona, Esq., Associate, Trenk DiPasquale Della Fera & Sodono, P.C.
- Robert S. Roglieri, Associate, Trenk DiPasquale Della Fera & Sodono, P.C.
- Alex Roque, Director, Berkeley Research Group LLC
- Michael Ruscica, Point Property Management, LLC
- Adam Saunders, Rutgers School of Law Newark
- Robert K. Scheinbaum, Esq., Of Counsel, Connell Foley LLP
- David Shiffman, Senior Associate, Alvarez & Marsal Healthcare Industry Group, LLC
- Jacob Shulman, Rutgers School of Law Newark
- Richard D. Trenk, Esq., Managing Partner, Trenk DiPasquale Della Fera & Sodono, P.C.
- Michael Trentin, Law Clerk to the Honorable Rosemary Gambardella, United States Bankruptcy Court District of New Jersey
- Frank F. Velocci, Esq., Partner, Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP
- Jeffrey M. Rosenthal has joined Mandelbaum Salsburg as Co-Chair of the Bankruptcy and Creditors Rights and Banking and Financial Services practice groups.
- Joseph L. Schwartz was named Chairman of the Bankruptcy & Reorganization practice of Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland & Perretti LLP.
- Paul H. Shur has joined Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A. as a Shareholder on the Banking/Creditors Rights team, in the firm's Woodbridge and New York offices.
- Nicole Stefanelli has joined Sugar Felsenthal Grais & Hammer LLP's Corporate Restructuring and Creditors' Rights Practice as a partner in firm's New York office.
I would like to thank you for your support and welcome feedback on how we can make your membership more valuable to you. If you have any membership questions, feel free to reach out to
Joseph L. Schwartz, Esq., Partner
Riker Danzig Scherer Hyland Perretti LLP
Save-the-date for our Free Spring Social!
Please mark your calendars for a unique spring event:
What: Cocktails, Dinner and Conversation
When: Monday, May 1, 6 p.m.
Where: Ninety Acres at Natirar Resort, Peapack-Gladstone, NJ
Cost: Free for NJTMA members
Natirar's palatial, 35,000-square-foot Mansion dates back to 1912 and boasts a rich history, at one point serving as a residence for the sons of Morocco's late former King Hassad II. From copper and slate roofing to fine oak paneling and molded plaster ceilings, the estate's graceful arches, stone fireplaces, heraldic carvings, leaded glass windows and period lighting fixtures have all been preserved for visitors. Natirar's award-winning restaurant, Ninety Acres, is set apart from the Mansion and is located in the estate's original Carriage House. The stunning setting is rivaled only by the quality of the dining experience.
Registration is capped at 125 attendees, so be sure to watch your email for registration links and register right away. Priority registration for NJTMA annual sponsors ends on March 31.
General registration will open on April 1.
Sharon J. Bender, Senior Vice President, Provident Bank
Oren Klein, Managing Partner, AuctionAdvisors, NJTMA Vice President Networking Events
March 22, 2017
Joint NJTMA NextGen/IWIRC Beer and FoodPairing
The Pig and Prince
April 18, 2017
14th Annual Joint NJTMA/ACG
Galloping Hill Golf Course
May 1, 2017
NJTMA Members Only
Free Spring Social
Ninety Acres at
May 10, 2017
West Orange, NJ
May 16, 2017
2017 NOW Summit
Please check our website newjersey.turnaround.org for event updates.