TMA Global celebrated the achievements of eight TMA chapters during an awards ceremony, which took place on November 2-4, 2016 at Disney's Yacht Club Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Each year, TMA Global recognizes chapters that distinguish themselves by delivering excellent education, providing networking opportunities, helping their members drive business, and promoting community service. This year, TMA NYC was awarded the 2015 Operational Excellence Award for a large Chapter.
"TMA New York City has exemplified operational excellence in numerous areas, including strategic planning, programming, membership, corporate governance, succession planning, sponsorship, university outreach/student awards, and pro bono activities. In 2015 the Chapter created an ad hoc Diversity Committee to increase awareness and promote diversity within the Chapter. Twenty-three events took place during the awards period including an inaugural diversity event, five events hosted by TMA NextGen, and two events hosted by TMA NOW. Efforts to recruit and retain members are a year-round priority". -TMA Global-
Additional Honors Awarded:
• 2015 Operational Excellence (Large Chapter): TMA New York City
• 2015 Operational Excellence (Mid-Size Chapter): TMA Chesapeake
• 2015 Operational Excellence (Small Chapter): TMA Rocky Mountain
• 2015 Operational Excellence (International Chapter): TMA United Kingdom
• 2015 - 2016 Most Innovative Program: TMA Arizona for Curiosities of the Cannabis Industry
• 2015 - 2016 Most Innovative Program: TMA Connecticut for Comedy, Cocktails, and Capital
• 2015 - 2016 Special Consideration: TMA Chicago/Midwest for its Pro Bono Committee
• 2015 - 2016 Special Interest Group: TMA Toronto for The Spring Gala
TMA's awards program recognizes chapters for outstanding programs and groups in two categories: "Special Consideration" and "Special Interest Group." Special Consideration award recipients were recognized for actions that have done something noteworthy in their area, such as pro bono or charity work. Special Interest Group award recipients were recognized for extraordinary work done to address an under represented group within its chapter membership.
Turnaround Management Association Invites Nominations for 2017 Excellence in Teaching Awards | RFPs | PND https://t.co/Tglf7rPmVD
RT @WSJ: Results from Exxon indicate this could be the best quarter for energy companies in some time https://t.co/5j4e1nMV0j
RT @LegalWeek: Law firms braced for ‘disruptive’ demands of SRA's new qualifying ‘super exam’ https://t.co/abiQDyqxWY
RT @SangitaInSight: @TMAGlobal @dawnsweeney14 Looking forward to an amazing event on accelerating women and power #TMA
Network of #Women.